Umphrey’s McGee has the distinct honor of headlining the one and only Red Rocks Amphitheatre for not one, not two, but three nights this week July 5th, 6th and 7th. The band has once again teamed up with award winning studio Flight School to bring you a limited edition “Augmented Reality” concert poster to commemorate the three-night run. Just when you thought it was safe to return to the Rocks, we’ve unleashed the RED ROCKTOPUS, an augmented reality creature triggered by this year’s poster!
Brainchild of Flight School’s Executive Producer and Creative Director, Pete Herzog, the concept combines typewriter photography from Umphrey’s McGee’s new LPs, it’s not us / it’s you, and the Umphrey’s song “Roctopus.” Fans can insert the Red Rocktopus AR into this particular concert experience, integrating this mythological creature into their physical world to capture an image and share on their phones.
Click HERE to view a behind the scenes video of the process and see how the AR experience works.
A limited quantity of posters are now available for pre-order at merch.umphreys.com.
Fans can use the hashtag #RedRocktopus alongside your Rocktopus social media posts to be entered to win an it’s not us/it’s you Deluxe set.
Masterfully printed at Baker Prints in Chicago. Seven screens; 18×24; Cougar 100# cover stock. Edition of 900.
- Allow Umphreys AR to access your camera
- Click “Launch AR”
- Turn your Ringer ON and volume UP
- Point camera at poster or calligraphy UM logo
- Tap and hold to move Rocktopus off the poster and into your physical environment
- Pinch Rocktopus to scale and rotate, and practice placing Rocktopus in your environment and watch it shred
- To start over, just click “X” and rescan the markers; vertical (Poster) or horizontal (Logo) camera orientation
- Drag and drop Rocktopus into Red Rocks Amphitheater and click Photo icon to save images onto your phone
- Share your images for most clever integration and get a chance to win Deluxe, it’s not us, it’s you LP (* must use hashtag #RedRocktopus to qualify)