Reel To Real: January 1st, 2016
“I woke up late . . . ”
Umphrey’s McGee cordially invites you to join us for the debut of Reel To Real on the inaugural evening of 2016. We will take time reflect on the years gone by as we celebrate the present and look to the future. This one-of-a-kind benefit kicks off with a hair-of-the-dog happy hour with Team UM. After libations & sustenance, you will take your seats for the premiere of a Nothing Too Fancy Music retrospective. Comprised of unseen footage from the camcorder archives, join us as we take you on a visual journey into the early touring years of the band. A candid, home movie feel dominates this illuminating and absurd collection of clips from the vault. From recording Anchor Drops to round-robin arm wrestling tournaments in a Super 8, it’s an unscripted ride through UM lore.
Upon conclusion of the ‘Reel’, we will pivot to the ‘Real’ and journey into the songs that have accompanied us through the years. The second half of the evening features a set of original music accompanied by the stories behind them. Think Storytellers meets Behind The Music. We will dive into history and circumstances surrounding the writing, recording and evolution of a slew of UM tunes. To keep it interesting, ticket holders will be responsible for selecting the song list for the evening.
In addition to the film and performance, the night will be filled with the kind of revelry, takeaways and extracurriculars you have grown to expect from UM. Partnering with our friends at Conscious Alliance, the night will be raising money to feed those most in need, all while sending you home with a limited edition UM+CA event poster. The open bar will feature signature UM cocktails, Bloody Mary’s, Mimosas and a slew of offerings from our friends at Boulder Beer, including our own Nothing Too Fancy Pale Ale. There will be a photo booth, chair massages, a prize raffle, and more to ensure you start 2016 properly. We do hope you’ll join us.
- January 1, 2016
- 6:30 pm – 11:00 pm
- Fillmore Auditorium
- 1510 Clarkson St., Denver, Colorado
- Reel to Real is an intimate affair with your friends at Umphrey’s McGee (limited venue capacity to ensure an intimate and spacious experience)
- A benefit for Conscious Alliance
- Pre show happy hour with the band & UM organization
- “Set One” features a film of unreleased footage from the camcorder archives
- “Set Two” features a storytellers performance, as determined by attendees
- Open bar all night featuring signature Tito cocktails & Bloody Mary’s, Henkell & Co. Mimosas, a smattering of Boulder Beer, soft drinks and more
- Movie theatre treats
- 18×24 silkscreen print event poster
- Photo booth, chair massages, raffle, & more surprises
Reel to Real is on sale now.